using a password to connect securely with my linksys wireless router

Reaction score
I spoke with tech support over at Linksys and they don't know what to do to allow me to connect to the internet with my wireless router using a password.

I have a laptop running 10.3.9 and connect perfectly to the Linksys when i don't have password enabled...

When I enable the PW in the router and select the router from Airport and enter the PW, I get an error "the password is incorrect"

Here are the router settings i'm using:
WPA-PSK [TKIP]
and i set a PW

I have tested this using a pc and it connects fine... it is just my mac that does not connect.

any one have any ideas?
thanks for your help.
m

karazelle

Reaction score
Could you just try to set it to WEP and see if it works then? I seem to recall having ran into WPA issues with another router and an iMac G4

Reaction score
Ijust recently setup a Belkin wireless router this might help

connect cable from DSL/Cable Modem to modem input or wan input.
Then connect either net cable from machine you want it set up on to one of the input ports.

Now put CD in CD tray of same computer. open setup Program on CD. Look for password set up
Go to password setup and use WEP 6bit or 128 bit. Try 64 bit first. type in a password directed by Program (format used for password) Write this down!!!

Now finish set up.

Now quit out of the Setup program. now go back to Airport.
now click on other.

Now click on the router.

Now select WEP 64 (or WEP128) which ever you decided. Type in your password exactly as you have written down.

If it takes the router should show up as an airport station.

Your ready to use.

Ask a Question