SOLVED Confusing prices.

Reaction score
My mac mini G4 recently developed a fault whereby the on/off switch did not work. As a quick and easy solution I extended the wires and fed them through the ventilation holes in the base, a quick shorting of the wires switches on the mac.
Obviously a new switch would be better, so I started looking on the internet and found a supplier of mac spares. They have a casing base with a switch mounted on it for £11.76 + shipping or I can buy the switch on it's own for £18.60 + shipping.
Not sure if this is an error or if I am missing something. I will have to contact them to see what they say, meanwhile I am scouring Ebay for a suitable machine in spares or repairs.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Yeah, that is a bit strange. Maybe it's due to the fact that the switch was removed and tested?

Which exact Mac mini model is it?

C

Reaction score
As the Mac Mini only cost me £10 on ebay I was reluctant to pay more than that for a switch,so I used a can of compressed air on the switch and then re-soldered the connecting pads on the back of the switch and finally replaced the wires from the switch to the motherboard.
All now working 100%.

Ask a Question