Mail connection fail using OS Mojave 10.14.1

Reaction score
Not long after upgrading my OS all my mail accounts showed the off-line triangle . The connection failure continues after reboot etc. Any fixes or workaround would be welcomed with open arms :)

Reaction score
Need to ask some questions:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent programs available (both free and commercial) that can help you with those tasks.

3. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If (hopefully) you are, what software are you using?

4. What Mac OS were you previously using?

5. How did you upgrade to Mojave? Did you upgrade "in place", ie, just let Mojave basically overwrite what was on your machine already?

Reaction score
I have had this happen to me in the past I was able to get it back online.
In the left hand column of mailboxes, select the affected account and right click then select Synchronise "account name"

It's not necessarily a Mojave problem, I had this happen on High Sierra. It only ever happens with 1 particular email account, all the others are fine.

Last edited:
Reaction score

2. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent programs available (both free and commercial) that can help you with those tasks.

3. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If (hopefully) you are, what software are you using?

5. How did you upgrade to Mojave? Did you upgrade "in place", ie, just let Mojave basically overwrite what was on your machine already?

Sorry for the delay in answering.
1. MBP 15" Mid 2012, 2.3 GHz i7, 1 TB SSD HD, 16 GIG 16 MHz DDR3 running OS 10.14.1
2. I use Clean My Mac 3
3. I use Time Machine to make rotating backups onto 3 different external HD one of which is always at a friends house.
4. 10.12 Sierra
5. In Place upgrade

Cheers, Werner

Reaction score
Not sure if "jumping over" High Sierra was a good idea with an "in place" upgrade. I have always done a clean, fresh installation of a new Mac OS, and then "migrating"/copying needed "stuff" from my latest SuperDuper! backup.

By the way, I did a clean installation of Mojave, OS 10.14, onto a new external Samsung 860 EVO 500 gig SSD, did that "migrating"/copying, and restarted my MacMini from that external SSD. Everything works fine, including my internet "activities". Remained that way even upgrading "in place" to OS 10.14.1.

Also, what EMail program are you using? A number of folks on here are having various issues with Apple's Mail program and Mojave. I use Thunderbird as my EMail client, and it works fine.

Ask a Question