Urgent Help required....IBook died

Reaction score
As of 15 minutes ago, my IBook G4 died on me...I honestly cannot remember what version I am running (terrible, I know), but I believe it is 10.3.8.

I had just finished downloading this month's security update, as well as the new version of ITunes and Quicktime. When it finished, it asked me to restart and I agree. A problem arose when I had my internet connect program on (required in order to access wireless where I currently am), and I failed to click on "don't save" changes I had made.

I left the room, came back later and found an error message along the lines of, "This operation has timed out and could not be performed", or something to this degree. Nothing happened. I quit the program, and restarted my laptop. When the computer rebooted, it came to the blue screen with an Apple on it and stopped. Nothing happened. I waited 15 minutes, and nothing. I turned the computer off, restarted, and the same resulted. I performed a safe-boot by holding down shift, and the same. I held command-option-r-s, and the same.

What is wrong?! I need data from my laptop ASAP. Thank you!

Ask a Question