My friend tried to reset my mac pro and has stuffed it. Urgent help need it for school

Reaction score
So yesterday my friend said i should reset my mac pro because it was running slow i said i cant be bothered so he said he will but he didnt re install os x after he erased the hard drive so when he reset it a white backround with a grey circle with a line through it keeps on comming up and i dont know what to do.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It is showing you that it can't find a bootable install of OS X. You will have to reinstall OS X.

-Which model of Mac Pro?
-Did your Mac Pro come with install discs?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It is showing you that it can't find a bootable install of OS X. You will have to reinstall OS X.

-Which model of Mac Pro?
-Did your Mac Pro come with install discs?

C
No it did not come with install disks
Also its a 2012 mac book pro

Reaction score
I don't let ANYONE who does not know a thing about a computer touch my iMac or ANYONE touch my iMac unless they are me or my hubby who is a mac person and knows EVERYtTHING under the sun about macs!

Reaction score
Ahhh...OK.

You could try this: OS X: About OS X Recovery

C

As usual, Cory makes a useful suggestion! However, it would be best if you could let us know the following:

1. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs on your Mac?

2. Are you making backups to an external device?

Running Disk Utility from the (hidden) Recovery HD Partition could help, but it is best if you have a backup.

Ask a Question