Uploading to the cloud from dying iPad

Reaction score
First, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this msg, but I just cannot find my way around, and I got rebuked harshly a few months ago for something I did wrong.

My 2.5-year-old iPad is giving up the ghost. It is like a death in the family or having a body part amputated. But the charging socket is broken so it is almost impossible to charge.

By turning off Wi-Fi I have been able to charge sloooowly on one of my cables. Since 6 AM it has gotten to 79% - it is 6PM now. So what I have to do when I get up to maybe 85% or 90% is turn Wi-Fi back on and upload everything to the Cloud that I possibly can.

But I don't know what things will "go to heaven" and what will be left behind and irretrievably lost. Is there some priority in what gets sent to the Cloud and do I have any control over that?

Does anyone know of any way to save text msgs? My iPhone was replaced under warranty a couple years ago and I lost all msgs and all emails. The emails seem to synch automagically now, but not the texts, which I very much value.

I have many, many books on the iPad which I greatly value - does anyone know what will become of them? Is there anything I can do to increase their chances of salvation?

Any and all information, answers, advice will be gratefully received.

Thanx
marti

Ask a Question