Uploading to the Cloud from dying iPad redux

Reaction score
I'm sort of answering my own query here, but for the benefit of anyone else who may suffer the heartbreaking experience of a dying iPad:

What happened was that after about 24 hours, the iPad battery got to 100% charge, so I was emboldened to start the back-up to the Cloud.

I turned Wi-Fi back on (this is necessary) Airplane mode has to be off (I don't know why I got that msg, as Airplane mode was already off).

I left Email Off because the MacBook is the primary source for email, and it appears that it backed up everything else (except stuff I don't use such as Notes) to the Cloud.

The process appears to be complete, which is a great comfort.

Now I have to start throwing dimes in the cookie jar for the next iPad, which actually I should have done a year or so ago, based on the normal lifespan of computer devices. And I will never, ever, ever, ever again buy any computer device without the associated AppleCare plan.

cheers
marti

Ask a Question