Upgrading Macs to High Sierra which have Fusion Drives

Reaction score
I just saw this on www.maccentral.com:

https://www.macworld.com/article/32...r-fusion-drive-imac-to-macos-high-sierra.html

It might be best to seer away from upgrading to High Sierra for a while longer, and it seems the same caution might be wise if one has a traditional HDD as their internal drive. I guess if one takes all the necessary precautions and does a clean, fresh, "virgin" installation of High Sierra (along, of course, with having a VERY recent backup of one's prior system), it might be fine. I am fortunate in that both of my internal drives on my Macs are SSDs, and except for one minor software issue with Quicken 2007, High Sierra is working fine for me.

Reaction score
When you install macOS High Sierra on the Mac volume of a solid-state drive (SSD) or other all-flash storage device, that volume is automatically converted to APFS.Fusion Drives, traditional hard disk drives (HDDs), and non-Mac volumes aren't converted.

Ask a Question