Update from OS 10.12 to 10.12.2 Problem

Reaction score
I began to download updates for iTunes and OS10.12 to 10.12.2, maybe 5 minutes into the download.

I tried to cancel the download when I saw how long it was going to take, but could not cancel.

When I tried to re-initiate the download later, I received a message that something was "forbidden..error 10403"

I tried a restart. Now the system no longer offers either of the updates. When I restart the computer there are flickering horizontal lines across the screen (iMac).

The new updates are no longer listed as a possibility. Is there a way to roll back to 10.12 from what seems like a partial update? The update never happened, as I decided to cancel it after only a few minutes downloading. Now both iTunes and OS 10.12.2 are not listed in the App store. The computer still functions, but acting strangely. Unfortunately I never used Time Machine since upgrading from 10.7.5 to 10.12, so I would have to roll all the way back to 10.7.5. Yes, I know that I "should" maintain backups, and normally do, but did not this time.

I tried to restart in safe mode, but nothing appears any differently. What can I do now?

Thanks

Ask a Question