Problems since yosemite update

Reaction score
Help! Since updating to yosemite I can no longer batch select and move anything - photos, songs from itunes.... If I try to highlight more than 1 item it kicks me in to dashboard. In documents and numbers, if I want to move a word or phrase and I highlight it, it 'ghosts' and no matter where I click on the desktop, the 'ghost' is there. I have to restart to get it to stop. Sometimes that works and other times I just have to retype my information. I would appreciate any advice.

Reaction score
First, what exact Mac model do you have?

Secondly, are you using the latest (and last) version of Yosemite, OS 10.10.5?

Third, what OS did you upgrade from?

Once you let us know that, we can help you.

Reaction score
Okay, let me start over. Good grief. I gave wrong information. It's El Capitan 10.11.1 I'm having problems with. I have an early 2009 iMac. I upgraded from yosemite 10.10.5. My apologies.

Reaction score
From your initial post, it seems like you had no issues when you used Yosemite. When you "moved" from Yosemite, OS 10.10.5, did you just upgrade to OS 10.11 or OS 10.11.1? OS 10.11 was somewhat "flaky" from the start, and in fact OS 10.11.1 started beta testing near the beginning of August, which was about 7 to 8 weeks before OS 10.11 was released. OS 10.11.1 was released about a month later. Myself, after being on OS 10.10.5, I went directly to OS 10.11.1. Besides wanting to avoid any issues with OS 1011, I also needed to wait for an upgrade to one of my critical third party applications (a couple of others were also upgraded, which I downloaded previously). But, for both of my Macs, I made a bootable backup first (as I always do once a week), booted from the external backup, used Disk Utility there to Erase and Format the (internal) SSD (again, on both machines), did a clean installation of OS 10.11.1, used Migration Assistant to "migrate"/copy all non-Apple system stuff from the backup, and installed the upgrades I mentioned. Everything is running smoothly for me.

OS 10.11.2 is currently in beta testing, but I am not sure if it will fix your issues. Maybe someone else who has/had such issues can provide more assistance. Here are details on the 5th release of that beta (released today):

http://www.macnn.com/articles/15/11...tches.tweaks.performance.improvements.131468/

Ask a Question