Unique Issue - Contacts

Reaction score
I was helping a friend setting up her iPad2. She uses(ed) hotmail. However, a day ago, her hotmail account got deleted (from a PC not the iPad) and Microsoft wants no part in resurrecting it. Her contacts from her hotmail account are still there as well as her messages from ostensibly that point in time the hotmail account was erased. She has a me account (set her up on the cloud, that is) using a different address obviously. Every time the iPad is on it says password invalid for that particular hotmail account. However, (sorry for the long intro) but here is the issue. I want those contacts that are there to be saved somehow. I am afraid if I go and delete the hotmail account from the Ipad2 (in settings) all those contacts will be lost. I've logged onto her iCloud account via my mac and those contacts that appear on the iPad2 are not there. My question is where are those contacts? (so that I can either save them to the cloud; or get them into her new gmail account). Btw. she use to be teether ed to a PC but when I set up the iPad2 originally I set it up independent from any machine. I afraid of re-tethering the iPad2 for fear it will delete this contacts that exist -- in my opinion only to that hotmail account that does not exist. The only reason it appears they exist is b/c the iPad can no longer communicate with the now no longer hotmail account.

Again sorry for being longwinded, but these contacts need to be preserved or I am dead meat. This is the only place they existed. She didn't have outlook or anything like that. Please help. :)

Reaction score
You'll need to go through them and add them to her addressbook. then they will be available from her other accounts.Tap the From address and make new contact.
You can then go into into the AddressBook and ensure they are there.

Ask a Question