transferring photos from a samsung galaxy S5 to an IMac

Reaction score
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 and now want to transfer pictures I took on it to my IMac. The version on my IMac is 10.8.5. I did download Kies to my Mac, but I am still unable to transfer my pictures. Please help. Thank you.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I found that Dropbox is the best method for my syncing photos between my Android phone & my iMac …

Just download/install Dropbox (free) on both then turn on download to computer on the phone, it's pretty straight forward …

I have my phone set to automatically download from my phone to my iMac using my home WiFi set-up.

Any photo I take either at home or when I'm out and about then appears in the Dropbox Camera Upload photo folder on my Mac if I'm within the home network range … it's very convenient.

You can also set it to upload/download using a data plan but I'm skint so I never choose that option ;)

The long way is to connect via USB, mounting the phone on the desktop in Drive Mode then navigating to the DCIM folder where your photos lie & dragging them onto the Mac's desktop.

Reaction score
Hi,

I think that Spawn_Dooley's Dropbox suggestion :) is a great idea and defiantly think it is your easiest option.

Ask a Question