Too hot and going down

Reaction score
Hi. My MacBook Pro becomes repeatedly awfully warm, goes down and can't be reactivated until the fan stops after a few minutes. Can someone tell me what is wrong?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

Take the battrey out and check it for bulges/ deformities, Leave battry out and run off main lead, if all is ok then possibly new battry needed.

Reaction score
Hi,

Take the battrey out and check it for bulges/ deformities, Leave battry out and run off main lead, if all is ok then possibly new battry needed.

Thank you for a piece of good advice,.I'll try it although I changed battery less than a year ago, it should be ok.

Reaction score
So process is running out of control, check Activity Monitor when this happens and it will show you the cause.

Reaction score
Hi,

Take the battrey out and check it for bulges/ deformities, Leave battry out and run off main lead, if all is ok then possibly new battry needed.[/QUOT

Now, after several hours without battery, the computer runs as smoothly as ever. Thank You, Oldscribe, for the diagnosis!

Reaction score
So process is running out of control, check Activity Monitor when this happens and it will show you the cause.
Thanks for the tip, but it won't work, since the problem is complete stop; dark screen and no reaction from any attempt to input.

Reaction score
Hi,

Really does look like battery issue, look at very carefully as it may have bulged and putting pressure on interal board/ connectors or other.
And if less than a year if you got from Apple possibly take back with Macbook and show what happens when it's installed compared to just running on mains.

Reaction score
If the battery is made by a third person "party", that could be the issue right there. Even though it less than a year old, there is always a risk with purchasing third party parts for Apple machines, and especially a battery. But, this definitely sounds like an issue with the battery.

If it's an Apple battery, then like oldscribe said, take the machine and the battery to an Apple store. But, if you don't have Apple care, it's doubtful they will replace the battery for free.

Ask a Question