Time Machine

Reaction score
I am having an issue with Time Machine. The problem is on an iMac with OSX 10.6.2. This machine is at the small design office that I work at. I am the resident part time IT tech. This is our first Mac and I am new to supporting Mac.
I setup time machine to back up to a network storage drive. I then changed the auto backups to backup twice a day instead of once an hour. All of this was done at the request of the business owner. It was working great for about two weeks. Now the automatic backup do not stay on. I can manually ran the backup and it works fine, but I need the backups to run automatically again.
I decide to try to remove the changes that I made one by one to see if I could fix the issue. I changed the backup interval back to hourly and that did not fix anything. So I thought I would change the backup location for Time Machine back to the local machine. I ran the command "defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 0". Which is the same command I ran to allow network backups, switching the 1 to 0. Now when I click on "Select Backup Disk..." in Time Machine, not only does it not show the Unsupported network share but now it does not allow me to select the internal hard drive for the Time Machine backup.
I need to get this machine backing up automatically again.
Any suggestions would be great. If something is now clear please let me know and I will clarify. Thanks.

Ask a Question