itunes from time machine

Reaction score
just got an iphone, first time and the syncing w/imac has gone wrong.....separated iphone from mac no more sync, direct or wifi......sync has screwed up itunes and must revert back to previous library from time machine...upgraded itunes and safari as per apple and worried if replacing itunes will create problems due to new upgrade ...... (new phone works well - good sound great camera/video, nice graphics.......however with i cloud, syncing, poor battery performance and a confounding amount of comical apps and tweeks its been stripped down to phone, media center and camera ).....thanks for help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

-Which model iPhone?
-Which version of iOS?
-Which version of OS X/iTunes?

I am a little unclear as to what you mean by:

"separated iphone from mac no more sync, direct or wifi"
"sync has screwed up itunes and must revert back to previous library from time machine"

Can you explain a little further?

C

Reaction score
12.7 itunes, 10.11 el capitan, and iphone se.
Synced to load media to phone. While synced, itunes updated to 12.7 and duplicated several books in audiobooks, as many as 4-5 times, turned off sync/wifi for mac, icloud and phone. Itunes refuses to revert back to previous format, have tried time machine back up, uninstalled / reinstalled itunes 12.6, 12.7, the app continues with multiple books ( removing one book removes all duplicates of that book) Downloading new books repeats duplication. Music files dont duplicate, however to get artwork to load for music and books, the app must be toggled between both.....
just reread your post, really dont know what my ios is, have stripped apps to phone, media and email when traveling, never wanted a second computer just a good unlocked phone......

Last edited:

Ask a Question