Time machine/ Airport Problems

Reaction score
Ive had my mac book for about 1 month now, i was very happy up until two days ago when i started to get a very laggy internet. My wife who uses a gateway, could sit right next to me and have a wayyyyyy faster internet than I have. I tested my internet and it only shows 1.5 to 2 kb/sec coming in.... im pretty sure thats slow but then it will spike up to like 100. So Today I thought about maybe just starting over and using my time machine. So I tried using it and this it was it told me "Airport utility was unable to find any airport wireless devices. make sure that the airport device you want to set up is in range of your computer, and then click rescan" so I did this about 20 times... nothing changed:confused:. Im connected to the internet as we speak but its really slow... so im asking for someone to please help me out.

Reaction score
In the AirPort Menu, check that you are on the right network.

Turn the AirPort Off:
leave for 30 sec.
Turn the AirPort On:

confirm you are on the right network. Did that help?

Reaction score
I tested my internet and it only shows 1.5 to 2 kb/sec coming in....

How did you test this?

Do you have an Ethernet cable you could plug directly into your Router?
See if that makes a difference?

Reaction score
i used a internet speed test website. I used my droid on the same website and found that my droid gets faster internet than my mac

Reaction score
Its probably a DNS problem, but could you test the Mac with an Ethernet cable first?

Ask a Question