Table View Data Source

Discussion in 'AppleScript Studio' started by blandocal, Feb 21, 2006.

1. blandocal

blandocal New Member

I'm creating a small ASStudio application to convert some files to a different format. I have it so I can drag the files into a table view then I want to be able to loop through the contents of the table view for each file listed. I originally had the program working on my machine (10.4) and tested it on another machine (10.2), but when I tried it on a 10.3 machine it gave me a NSCannotCreateScriptCommandError(10) Error. I was able to track down the error to three lines of code.

I was using the follow code to get the contents of the table view for that version:

set tableView to table view "files" of scrolll view "table1"
    set returns records of data source of tableView
    set theDataSource to content of tableView

I'm thinking that I need to use data source instead of content or something similar but for the life of me I just can't figure it out. Either way I need a solution that will work on 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4. If anyone has any advice or ideas I would very grateful. Thanks - Mark.

blandocal, Feb 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. blandocal

Ric New Member

Hi Mark and welcome !

Can I ask what version of Xcode you are using ?

If you want to send me the Xcode project I would gladly have a look at it for you.

The error code you are getting menas "the application received an invalid or unrecognized Apple event"... not that helps much !

I'll have a think when I'm a bit more awake tomorrow !

regards

Ric

Ric, Feb 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question