Synchronizing Photos library to my iDevices.

Reaction score
I've upgraded my iTunes to 12.7 and my IOS to 11. When I look my iPhone and iPad in iTunes on my Mac, and select "Photos", I only see the following message:

iCloud Photos is On

(my) iPhone 5 can access photos in iCloud. Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi or cellular network.

I no longer see a choice to synchronize from my Mac's Photos app. I added a photo to my Photos app, and restarted everything - it did not show up on my iPhone or my iPad.

In the past, every photo I wanted to save was put in my iPhotos and separately in my wife's iPhotos where I add faces and stuff. I kept wishing we could share the same library, and I kept wishing my iPad would see my smart folders on my Photos app. I used Image Capture to pull photos off of my phone.

How do I configure my system so that the Photos app on my Mac is the source of my iPad's albums and folders again?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

I think iCloud Photo Library is the way to go for what you want to do. If you are using it, then you cannot sync your photos directly from your Mac to your iPhone via iTunes. To share your library between you and your wife's devices, you would need to sign in with the same Apple ID.

iCloud Photo Library

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question