Stuttering streaming video on new iMac

Reaction score
Setting up my new iMac. For the most part set up is going smoothly. Because of problems with my old iMac I did not migrate over. I am setting up from scratch.

My main issue is streaming video is stuttering. Its not smooth. Audio sounds fine. The video is the issue.

The stuttering happens on various websites and in both Safari and FireFox.
A downloaded episode in iTunes plays fine. So I assume its only a streaming issue.

Mac specs:
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Reaction score
Thanks I will check this on my other Mac which is on the same router. Never had streaming issues before.

The only other thing I could think of is the flash plug-in. I had to DL it after I installed Firefox in order to view some streaming videos. Maybe there is some corruption issue there.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
The Flash plug-in can be tricky to properly uninstall and it's critical that before any reinstallation you do properly remove the previous plug-in from your System.

Adobe have instructions on their website just for that purpose. You just need to first select your OS version from the pull-down menu.

Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Reaction score
Are you WiFi or Ethernet, Streaming can be very sensitive to WiFi frequency switching.

Reaction score
@ Spawn- Thank you I will look into that asap.
@ Kaveman- No WiFi. Ethernet. I also checked my older Mac on the same router and I do not have streaming problems. So I am guessing its a flash issue.

Thxs to both!

Edit:
Successfully uninstalled Flash Player.

Found the following-
Adobe Flash Player version 11.2.202.233
Mac OS X v10.6 Mac OS X v10.7

My machine is 10.7.3. Could it be there is no proper player plug in for my version?

Edit: Another Update-

I reinstalled the Flash Player and the video is much smoother on pre-recorded streaming content. I will test it later today on a live stream.

Edit: 3:16 PM Edit.

Sadly I am watching a live stream and the video stutter continues. This is not happening on my old Mac on the same router and internet connection

Ask a Question