game streaming

sis

Reaction score
I am unable to stream live games to my macbook air. My cable provider (media com) has a feature that allows cable customers to stream college game from the Big Ten Network. The feature is called Big 10 to Go or BTN2GO. Last year the stream worked for me but this year not so. I have spoke with the cable co. and they are able to access the site with my user and pw. This probably means the problem is in my settings or preferences. I can access the stream on my phone (Android) Can anyone give me some insight on this problem. I not completely inept on computers, but probable close. So not a lot of technical stuff please. Thanks in advance Tom

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model MacBook Air?
-What version of OS X?
-Which browser are you using - Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc?
-Can you stream other video - i.e. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc.?

C

sis

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model MacBook Air?
-What version of OS X?
-Which browser are you using - Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc?
-Can you stream other video - i.e. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc.?

C
OSX version 10.9.5 (13F1911)
Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core I5
Memory 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
MacBook Air 13in. Mid 2012

Using Safari

Have streamed sports events, some U tube videos

I don't consider myself to be very technical. As you can see my the age of my computer that I don't run out and buy the latest mousetrap. I'm 70 years old. Different mindset.
In the past couple of years, I have been able to stream from this site (BTN2GO) It"s just that after football and basketball season, I don't have a need for it. I guess computers are like other pieces of equipment. Lack of use can be as harmful as heavy use. I suspect that it's a matter of some settings got changed for one reason or another.
Thanks for responding. Tom

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

-Obviously your login works since they tested it, and you have BTN as part of your cable channel lineup.
-Do you have Adobe Flash installed?
-Have you tired downloading and installing Chrome? It may work better for streaming.

C

Ask a Question