Strange save as problem in Monterey..

Reaction score
Hi, using my Safari on my M1 iMac Monterey, and I am browzings though old catalogs on the internet archive.

now and then I will find a page that I like, and want to download the image, is I will right click on the image, but this is when it gets strange.

it will often come up with different 'saveing' dialog boxes, one will be to "Save image to download" and alternately "Download image". and this will happen within the same digitised book. inconsistent.

Why.?

Regards, Sandy

Attachments

• different save dialogs.jpg
    different save dialogs.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Hi, using my Safari on my M1 iMac Monterey, and I am browzings though old catalogs on the internet archive.

now and then I will find a page that I like, and want to download the image, is I will right click on the image, but this is when it gets strange.

it will often come up with different 'saveing' dialog boxes, one will be to "Save image to download" and alternately "Download image". and this will happen within the same digitised book. inconsistent.

Why.?

Regards, Sandy
I think it has something to do with the web page itself, never a consistent outcome. I have the best luck with “Open Image in New Tab.” If the image successfully shows up in the new tab, you can simply drag the image. to your desktop or to another location. As a test, I did the same with your image above, and I was able to copy it from the new tab.

Ask a Question