strange ibook issue different every time i boot

Reaction score
hi i have an ibook g4 with 1.42ghz processor and 1gb ram. everything was working fine and then i went to boot it up the other day and its giving me really strange problems. sometimes the display will stay on the apple logo with the spinning circle. sometimes it will go to a gray screen that says address violation and then open rom and then it says the date is 1904 or something like that. sometimes the apple logo comes up and then a box pops up saying to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds or press the reset button. sometimes it goes past the gray screen i see my desktop then it does it. or once i got it to boot up i thought maybe its the hard drive but before i could open disk utility it did it again. and then i rebooted and it went to the open rom thign where i have to pick boot-mac or shutdown i think it was. any help would be very appreciated

Reaction score
i figured out the issue with it i removed the airport card and now everything just seems to work.

Ask a Question