Storing Data on an iPad

Reaction score
I know this may be a very basic question, but I'm new to the iPad, so...

Can I store data on my iPad 4?

Reaction score
Hi,

If by data you mean documents graphs films PDF's etc then yes all devices link together.
But you would need the same program's IE pages numbers etc.

Reaction score
Thanx for getting back to me...as I understand you, if I have Word, Excel, PDFs, JPGs, etc. on my MAC, I can access them from my iPad. But if I didn't have access to my MAC, can I still store such files directly on my iPad?

Reaction score
Thank you, again. So if I have an app that works with MS files (I do), and I save the file, it's stored in iCloud...is that also true of email attachments such as JPPs and PDFs?

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes you can save the email jpg's to your camera roll and PDF's to a PDF reader etc.

You will enjoy the iPad it is great fun, it's extremely quick and very versatile in all respects. I love using mine.:D;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah, the dawn breaketh...no pun, but I think I've got the picture.

I not only appreciate the information you've given me, but also your patience...after 33 years of PCs, you can tell I'm still new to MAC, iPad, etc. (and pissed off that I waited this long to switch.)

Reaction score
Hi,

The only real thing to remember is that the iPad runs ISO and your Mac is OS X, but as long as you have the same software comparable to the device then there should be no problems reading, editing OS creating
doc's etc.
IE:
Say you at work with your iPad and start a letter or document save to the cloud then when you get home open said letter or doc on your mac to finish or edit.

Reaction score
I would be obliged if someone could tell me how to view a Bento Database on my iPad. I realise Bento has been discontinued but I still have important DBs which I would like to open on my iPad too. FilemakerGo won't open them.

Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately Bento doesn't seem to be available now for the iPad, due to it being discontinued. Surely they don't expect you to now upgrade to Filemaker Pro just to access files you created on Bento? I spent quite a few months last year converting them to Bento from Appleworks only to find Bento has now been discontinued. If anyone has other ideas how I can view a Bento database on iPad, I'd be really grateful. I don't need to be able to make changes on the iPad version, just view them.

Ask a Question