Restoring From Time Machine BU to Remote Disk

Reaction score
I had OS 10.6.8 installed on a remote drive that I used frequently so that I could use programs not supported by later versions of Mac OS. That drive crashed and I couldn't repair it. Fortunately I have it backed up using Time Machine on another drive. I bought a new drive and formatted it using disk utility. I am trying to restore the OS 10.6.8 from the backup drive to the new drive but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
That's one of Time Machine's short comings. Do you happen to have either the OS 10.6.8 DVD, or an installation file for OS 10.6.8? If you do, then you can be "saved".

Reaction score
I figured how to do it myself. I connected both the drive containing the crackup and the new drive I wanted to restore to and restarted holding the option key down. I was then given the options to restore from the backup ant to the new drive. Thanks anyway,

Ask a Question