SOLVED Sound in Safari

Reaction score
I have posted about this before, I cannot get Safari to produce sound, eg if I have a Utube video with sound I hear nothing. With Chrome or Firefox, it's fine. Both main speakers & ear phones. It started when I used Loopback audio,. Can't uninstall Safari.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Yes, I remember...you were dealing with headphones I believe?
-Do you mean the Loopback from Rogue Amoeba? If so, try turning off all the devices in Loopback to disable them and use the Mac's audio normally. Also, is there something setup in Loopback with Safari involved?

C

Reaction score
Yes, the problem never really went away. In "sound" I have Headphones, Loopback Audio, Loopback Audio 2 & Screenflick Loopback. I cannot delete any of them. I have deleted Screenflick. I have output set to Headphones.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...

So it is Screenflick Loopback then. There may be a way to disable it, or uninstall if you aren't using it. It sounds like it is "capturing" and re-routing the sound from Safari.

C

Reaction score
I have deleted Screenflick, but Loopback still in Sound Preferences. Can't delete it. When I search for it using Finder...nothing is found.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Did you open Screenflick Loopback, click on Audio Extension, then click Uninstall before uninstalling the Screenflick Loopback application? Those steps are outling in the link above.

C

Reaction score
well, I have reinstalled Screenflick 2.7.50 but cannot see anything about audio. Strange.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...

So, this isn't accurate?

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 08.53.26.png

C

Reaction score
Cannot see that anywhere. Curious that there is no mention of the word Sound in any of the menus . Looked in Library/sound/Plug-in and deleted that. Restarted and looked in sound preferences and saw there were still 2 Loopback audios in there. Tested sound and it neaarly blew me out of my seat. So working again. Thanks Cory

Ask a Question