Only Sound Plays in Embedded .mov Files in Safari 3 (Tiger)

Reaction score
See image:
attachment.php

Thanks in advanced!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do you have another browser to test? Like FireFox? I just went to that website and was able to view the video and I use Safari 3.

Here's a link to that webpage if you need to return to check whether you've fixed things, as you're link only takes me to a .png screenshot.

Right/Control Click on the video window and select "About QuickTime Plugin". Do you see this:

20071224-fhs5sqkxubdwbeaj75qxqfjmxy.jpg

Right/Control Click on the Video and select "Plugin Settings" which will launch the System Prefs Quicktime window.

20071224-x3w1e2sqwi5mbfuccsxqef1qfe.jpg

Have a look to see whether or not a pref needs to be ticked. Have a look in the Advanced Tab ~> Mime Settings for a QuickTime setting that possibly may not have a tick in it's box.

Let me know how it goes and I'll keep on looking for info on this issue.

Reaction score
Everything works fine in the latest beta of Firefox 3. I have the latest version of the Quicktime plugin, but when only sound is heard, no right-click menu is available. Once in a while, I won't have this problem with a random video.

Reaction score
I can't believe I finally fixed it! After some experimenting w/ stuff @ the Apple Store, I realized that I it was the result of my choosing to run Safari in Rosetta mode to play a Shockwave game. For anyone that happens to have this same problem, turn it off when you're done. Thanks for your help anyway, and sorry if I wasted your time.

Ask a Question