Sound Studio

Reaction score
I recently purchased Sound Studio for my Macbook PRO and I am wondering if I can drown out background noise/music to hear my voice? I have two directional microphones plugged into my AMX 732 mixer. I am doing this for a podcast and it would be great if I can record in a coffee house for the energy. Any suggestions?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

In an environment like a coffee house, there won't be an easy/sufficient way to lower the background noise. It will help if the mics are directional - i.e. shotgun mics, but you will still have a lot of hard surfaces and reflected sound to deal with. It will help if the mics are close to the participants.

-What kind of podcast and how many participants?
-Have you done a test recording in that environment?
-I am not familiar with the AMX 732 - do you have any additional information on it?
-What brand/model are the mics?

C

Reaction score
What kind of podcast and how many participants?
It is a variety of topics from intermittent fasting, ultra running, sports, movies etc. 2 participants

-Have you done a test recording in that environment?
I have but only with GarageBand. I am meeting my friend today and we are gonna test both Garageband and Sound Studio.

-I am not familiar with the AMX 732 - do you have any additional information on it?
The mixer is a Audio 2000s AMX 7321UBT-4 Channel Audio Mixer Sound Board with USB, Bluetooth, and Sound Effects

-What brand/model are the mics?
I purchased two mics that are Samson Q2U Handheld Dynamic USB Microphone Recording and Podcast Pack.

I know a lot of people that podcast do it over Skype but I am trying to do as much as I can face to face. Thank you for responding and any feedback would be helpful.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for the additional information.

The Samson mics aren't the "shotgun" type, so they have limited directivity due to their cardioid pickup pattern. They surely will pickup quite a bit of environmental noise/audio when used in a coffee house setting.

Did you go through with your test run you mentioned? If so, I would assume that GarageBand and SoundStudio had very similar results.

C

Ask a Question