No sound in Safari

Reaction score
Hello

I've just recently upgraded from Panther to Tiger (Yay at last!) and have just noticed that watching videos on youtube, google video etc I'm not recieving any sound while they're playing.

I downloaded Firefox and loaded a random video form youtube on it and no sound from that either. I did right click on the video and clicked around with the sound settings but to no avail. I just visted the adobe flash site and couldn't find any trouble shooting help.

I've also checked the Safari preferences and my sound settings from System Preferences and cannot find the problem.

My problem is only with the sound playback from watching website media, the video is fine.

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Strangely the problem seems to have fixed itself.

:D

Glad it's now working. I recall having this problem and there was a kind of odd (to me) solution. It was a midi setting (which I had never tampered with in the first place). In Applications, Utilities, Audio Midi Setup. the audio output has to be set at 44100 or the sound won't work in the same way as you have described...

Cheers

J

Ask a Question