Song won't sync with my iTunes

Reaction score
I never buy songs with my iPad nor with my iPhone, I always use my iMac's iTunes.

A couple of days ago, it started that every time I connect my iPad to my Mac, I get messages because it sees a song that it can't transfer to my computer, saying it is not authorized on my computer. I see two versions of that song on my iPad, my iPhone, and on my iTunes. Both copies have iCloud status "Waiting" (looking at them on my device via iTunes), but there is a difference between one song looking at it on my iPhone and my iPad. On the iPad, ones is shown as an Apple Lossless file, where on my iPhone, they both are ACC audio files. One file is shown as being purchased by my ID on both devices, the other is not so shown. One song shows up with a "!" in front of it.

I have turned off my iPad, I have authorized my iTunes. I can play both versions on my iPad, but only one version that is on my iPad by clicking on it in iTunes.

Both versions of the song are on my iTunes, where they show up as "Matched", but not as bought with any ID.

All of my software is current. I got iTunes iCloud when I got my HomePod.

What can I do to get rid of this error message? I don't even know how to get rid of it on my iPad.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

AAC is just the "codec" the audio files are encoded with - like MP3. Apple Lossless (ALAC) files aren't available to purchase via iTunes, only AAC files are. So, the Apple Lossless version of the song was probably imported from a CD, or purchased from a high resolution audio website at some point, which is why it shows as Matched. That is a function of iTunes Match/Apple Music.

If they are showing as purchased on your iOS devices, then they should show in the iTunes Store > Purchased section. The ! means the original file cannot be found.

Hope that helps a bit,

C

Ask a Question