Slow Safari and Firefox

Reaction score
Hi,

Just in the last 2 days access to all web pages has become incredibly slow. Tried downloading Firefox, still the same! Have recently changed ISP and on downloads and speed checks am getting speeds in excess of 8Mbs and almost 1Mbs upload. Because i'm self employed, i have recently purchased a domain and have started receiving and sending mail through zetnet server. Because of this i had to change to a static IP. Does this make a difference? My mac is wired to the router, although the same on wireless!
Fitted a wireless card to the mac this week too. Its the Aria extreme n specifically for mac! Which is working perfectly i might add!!
Any help or suggestions would be great.. Thanks..

Mac pro
OS 10.5.2.
2 x 2.66 Ghz dual core intel xeon

Reaction score
Just to clarify if anyone has the same problem.

I moved to "Be" as my new ISP. Have found them very good and speeds are really good too. But i think there must be an issue with there DNS servers and certain macs! Am currently trying Opendns, which i've put into my router, and at the moment, fingers crossed am getting ultra quick loading of pages on Safari again!! Will try Firefox shortly and let you know..

Ask a Question