Any advice on slowing Safari??

Reaction score
Hi there, hoping someone can offer a bit of advice.

I'm using Safari as my browser and run a few streaming pages (java) throughout the day. Problem is after a time (1-2 hours) I notice Safari getting kind of bunged up - streaming is fine but if I open a new window or perform a search etc. there is a progressively longer delay for page to open (spinning couloured disc). In the end I get the spinning disc for up two 2 mins before a new page loads or refreshes at which point it is quicker to quit Safari and relaunch, but obviously getting fed up having to do this.

OSX 10.4.7

Safari 2.0.4

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

It has to do with an application memory leak that Apple hasn't corrected yet.

That's why I use Camino instead most of the time.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory.

I appear to have solved the problem, for the time being at any rate. I downloaded an app called Aftersurf and purged Safari. Ill take a look at comino, trouble is the companies providing the streaming data (mainly stock prices, charts etc.) have very limited support for Apple and specify Safari as the sole browser for macs.

Oscar.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Oscar and welcome !

I must admit I have also stopped using Safari for now...

Cleaning out the caches though is a good preventative plan !

I tend to use Firefox, you can download it here.

I prefer Safari, but it has a few flaws at the minute that need fixing !

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

I like Firefox as well, but Camino is basically a watered-down version of Firefox from the same outfit.

Ask a Question