I need some advice.....

Reaction score
I play in a band. On the rack that holds my keyboards I have a Rolodex with business card size pages that each have chords, program info, etc., one card to a song, arranged in alphabetical order. The set list is constantly growing and there is no more room for cards. I have the 'bright'? idea of using my wife's iPad that I bought for her a few years ago. It's already bought and paid for. I know very little about this iPad. I have borrowed it on occasion to take pictures with it (it takes very good pictures). It is nothing like my MBP. So, I'm studying this iPad, trying to figure out if there is an app on it that I could put all of the info that is on the cards in the Rolodex, that hopefully during a gig, I'd be able to scroll down to the desired song. I also would like to be able to insert new songs, as the need arises in alphabetical order. The only app that I see on this thing that is remotely capable, is 'notes'. It does not look suitable for this purpose. So....what am I looking for? I'm reasonably certain that there has to be a solution. Here is the info that I found......
27.1 gig capacity
5.4 gig available
version 9.3.5 (13G36)
model MC706LL/A
serial DYTHLK9VDJ8R
Thanks, Ray

Reaction score
Am I ever glad you asked this question! I want to buy my wife an iPad Pro for her birthday (it's on the 30th), and she would mainly use it to watch Korean videos when we are traveling (especially on an airplane), or possibly at other times. I have a 256 gig Flash Drive that I could put the videos on, but I need a way to connect it to the iPad (I believe Apple sells an adapter for USB/Thunderbolt connectivity). I also believe VLC has a version for the iPad, and thus could play the movies. But this is all new to me.

Regarding your situation, if you need an app so that you can just make a list of info for each card in your Rolodex, one would thing a word processing app like Notes (or Microsoft Word) could do the trick. But you state thae Notes does not seem to be suitable. Could you be more specific about that?

Reaction score
Notes does not seem capable of alphabetizing the info. I'm not sure but I think it is capable of organizing by the date that the data is input. Like I said , I know very little about it.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Notes does not seem capable of alphabetizing the info. I'm not sure but I think it is capable of organizing by the date that the data is input. Like I said , I know very little about it.

AFAIK, only way to alphabetise or organise numerically using Notes et al is to begin the file name with either:

1. Song
or
a. Song

Ask a Question