Slow Processing

Reaction score
Hello, I was wanting to inquire if anyone could recommend any suggestions to Processing speed. I have a -
Apple PowerBook G4 15", 1.5GHz PowerPC G4, 2GB Mem DRR, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700, Mac OS X 10.5.8
I recently upgraded my Mac OS 9 to OS X 10.5.8. I noticed quite an annoying lag in the general loading of applications as well as start up and decided to next upgraded the memory. I was running the factory memory cards of 256MB (2) for 512MB. I just installed the new cards of 1GB (2) for 2GB total and the new cards are the same brand as the original cards, Hynix. The general processing doesn't seem to have improved. If at all, very slight, not something that would have been expected after tripling the memory. Just curious as to if there maybe something else I need to upgrade to perhaps rectify the issue or something I could be over-looking. Thanks for any suggestions and time on this matter.

Ask a Question