Sim Card into DVD slot

Reaction score
Hi - Please don't laugh but I have made a gigantic error !!!!! I have inadvertantly inserted a sim card into the DVD player slot at the right hand side of my mac !!! - yes I know !!
Looking at the machine there is no obvious signs of access to the inside

Anyone out there any POLITE suggestions

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That happens far more than most people know...no laughter here. The best solution is to take it to an Apple Store, as they can retrieve the card.

Here's a very good DIY paper-based solution, that shouldn't harm the optical drive itself:

Attempt at you own risk.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That happens far more than most people know...no laughter here. The best solution is to take it to an Apple Store, as they can retrieve the card.

Here's a very good DIY paper-based solution, that shouldn't harm the optical drive itself:

Attempt at you own risk.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Many thanks for taking the trouble and time to reply.
Have tried your paper card method and GREAT - Sim Card now retrieved (after several 'nervous' attempts.
DVD player appears to be untouched by this.

Again many many thanks

Reaction score
Glad you got the issue resolved. And, once again, Superman Cory comes through! I never realized one could do that with an iMac.

Ask a Question