Shuffling without certain categories

Reaction score
Hi. I'm not really a tech person (at all!), so I hope I'm asking this in the right spot.

Is there a way to have the iPod, iPhone, or iPad play songs using shuffle, but eliminate certain categories? I'd like to hit shuffle sometimes, but then it will throw in Christmas songs or Sesame Street songs and I'd like to eliminate Christmas songs (most of the year) and kiddie music from the shuffling.

I don't want to remove the Christmas or kiddie songs from my collection. I want those when I want them. I just want to be able to shuffle and not have those come up in the playlist or whatever. :)

People always ask what kind of iPad or phone or whatever you have and I have no idea what kind of laptop or computer I have. The laptop is maybe two years old and the computer is three, maybe four years old. The iPad is the iPad 2, I think. It's white. The phone is whatever the newest one that just came out a few months ago is. I know the phone was "plus" but cannot remember the number.

I also have an older iPod (I think it's called "iPod Classic", it's pre-iPhone) in the car.

Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If you shuffle play in the Songs section, it will play all songs, in all playlists. You could try shuffle in particular individual playlists, or create a playlist that doesn't have the songs you don't want to hear in that mode.

C

Ask a Question