Mail has gone offline without permission

Reaction score
I realise I haven't had any emails for some days. It looks as though the Mail is offline. Have tried going to preferences-help/advanced etc. Difficult for a dumb bird like me to follow. Mac 2008 running Lion OSX 10.7.5 Would really appreciate some pointers, am normally good at following instructions.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is this in Apple Mail? If so, try clicking Window > Connection Doctor in the menu bar. Let us know if there are any red dots and any errors that may be listed. Also, who is your email provider and do you have more than one account setup?

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Also, my personal experience with Apple Mail is that I have seen my mailboxes going offline from time to time too, I pretty much always get them online by either Ctrl-clicking or right-cllicking the mailbox & select "Take such and such (name of mailbox here) online" or by quitting then rebooting Mail.

Reaction score
Cory & Spawn - I have done as suggested and found two red dots. My email provider is mail.com, and I have 3 accounts, the other two are now working normally. I have clicked 'take ***online but the password I give is not accepted. DUH! Is it possible to change the password in the keychain? I have written PW so I know it was correct.

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

-Can you login successfully to the mail.com website?
-Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on the mail.com Help Center?

C
No, because I cannot find the password they always want. The Mail.com Help Centre is the same. Recover your password? sign in to do it.. I'm going mad here Cory. I have 3 email accounts on my Mac, I seem to get mail in but can't get stuff out. No passwords seem to fit. Totally stuck now. Have tried Mail.com for one account, online but their telephone number is in USA. Gmail has stuff coming in but not out. Every time I need to send, I need a PW. None of the ones I have entered work. Am rapidly losing the will to live Cory.

Reaction score
I think I've written a reply but can't find it on the site. Also don't know how to find other conversations I've had since joining the site. When I click on conversations I get no conversations thugh I know I've hd 29 messages/conversations. Where are they, anyone?

My password dilemma is ongoing. Absolutely stuck. mail.center.com not helpful, keeps asking for PW. Mail.com website likewise. Can't refresh PW because I don't know it!

Reaction score
I think I've written a reply but can't find it on the site. Also don't know how to find other conversations I've had since joining the site. When I click on conversations I get no conversations thugh I know I've hd 29 messages/conversations. Where are they, anyone?

My password dilemma is ongoing. Absolutely stuck. mail.center.com not helpful, keeps asking for PW. Mail.com website likewise. Can't refresh PW because I don't know it!

Ask a Question