shockwave player is a no show

Reaction score
i cant get shockwave player to work!!!!!!!!! its driving me mad. i downloaded and installed the latest one. flash player works fine but not shockwave. my osx is a fresh install. the only difference that i can think of is that my file system is the unix file system. im running 10.3.4 panther with all the updates. it fails in all the browsers that i have tried. i get the error message that states that shockwave director plug-in cant be loaded.
someone please help me. i dont want to reinstall over this issue.
thanks,
-acw

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

You mean you formatted your drive using UNIX File System instead of Mac OS Extended? I haven't heard that the UNIX File System would cause this type of issue...out of curiosity, for what reason did you format that way?

Macromedia Shockwave Player 10.1.0.11 is the latest version...

So, you have checked here to verify Shockwave and Flash are working: Macromedia - Test Macromedia Shockwave and Flash Players

You could try uninstalling the files and reinstalling. Make sure all your browsers are not running when you start the installer.

C

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there 'acw2097' and welcome !

as Cory says I think it's down the fact that the drive has been formatted that way...

...try running a Repair Disk and Repair Permissions and if that doesn't work I would reformat as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"

regards

Ric

Reaction score
the file system was a mistake. we did not mean to format it as that file system. i have 2 partitions set up. the test passes on flash player but not shockwave player. i tried running Repair Disk and Repair Permissions, but it did not fix my issue.
thank you both for your inputs.
is there a way that i can change my format with out losing all my data? or should i just start all over again on a less than one week install?
-acw

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there acw,

Sorry, no !

You need to copy of the data you want, then reformat, sorry !

Once you have done that though, if you every have any future problems you will be able to do an "Archive & Install" which preserves your data whilst putting on a clean system...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question