Same Old Problems with BOOTCAMP!

Reaction score
This is a pretty advance issue well it seems to be. I dunno whats wrong with my HD but it always seems to pose issues when trying to partition and especially when I want to add windows in a bootcamp partition. It makes me wonder what the underlying issue is and why I always run into problems.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 15.13.28.png

If I do run the disk utility it says this:

Running First Aid on “Untitled” (disk1s1)

NOTE: First Aid will temporarily lock the startup volume.

Verifying file system.
Volume could not be unmounted.
Using live mode.
Performing fsck_apfs -n -l -x /dev/rdisk1s1
Checking the container superblock.
Checking the EFI jumpstart record.
Checking the space manager.
Checking the space manager free queue trees.
Checking the object map.
Checking volume.
Checking the APFS volume superblock.
The volume Untitled was formatted by hfs_convert (945.250.134) and last modified by apfs_kext (945.275.8).
Checking the object map.
Checking the snapshot metadata tree.
Checking the snapshot metadata.
Checking snapshot 1 of 3.
error: drec_key object (oid 0x3000de4c3): invalid hash (0, expected 280ca3) of name (007afca6fcbb0c74_0)
Snapshot is invalid.
The volume /dev/rdisk1s1 could not be verified completely.
File system check exit code is 0.
Restoring the original state found as mounted.

ANY IDEAS?

I was sitting talking with apple support for ages, they had to escelate it to the technicians and even they had issues eventually I had to do a bunch of things in Terminal and got it installed. The thing was that I gave it too much of my HD and needed to uninstall bootcamp thinking I could easily install it again as I had gone through all that. But nope its not installing and I am afraid its going to take me weeks of dealing with tech support to get it working again! :-(
And while I am at it is there a way to change the bootcamp partition once its all installed without uninstalling it?

ANywaaay. I am coming from windows and nothing in mac makes a lot of sense to me yet, I mean the more advanced stuff like the virtual drives and file structure. All seems so straight forward in windows you don't have virtual drives within virtual drives..etc. I don't get it yet! Main reason I wanted to install windows was so I could unlock the bootloader on my android phone I have no idea what anyone is talking about with mac. Also to play games! ;-)

Thanks if anyone can help with the issue and even shed some light on why it happens would be so helpful!!!

Cheers. D.

Reaction score
i gues I have to go back to find out what I typed into Terminal to do this manually. But I always thought there were too many virtual drives or something, it all gets confusing as I dont get it. But this issues reappeares everytime I try to install windows... :(

Ask a Question