OSX Mavericks automate change of multiple folder icons with JPG images within the same folder

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been searching high and low through various mac forums and have been somewhat unsuccessful in reaching my goal. What I'm trying to achieve is have an automated process on my iMac (Mid 2010 - Core i3 - 16Gig RAM - Mavericks 10.9.5) which will change the folder icon with the JPG located in that same folder. This process is to also be looped, meaning to scan all sub-folders and if a JPG is present to use it for that same named corresponding folder. All files and folders in question located on a ReadyNas Duo V2 with guest access and full R W X permissions.

From the above screenshot, you see what I'm trying to achieve. For now I have got a couple scripts (found online) which allow me to retrieve movie.xml and Cover information online and save these in their respective folders. Now that Covers are downloaded as JPG files named as the movie folder. I would hope that there is automated process which can assist at changing multiple folder icons.

Script Below
tell application "FastIcns"

activate

end tell

tell application "Finder"

open file "folder.jpg" using (path to application "FastIcns")

end tell

delay 1

tell application "Preview"

tell application "System Events"

keystroke "a" usingcommand down-- select all

keystroke "c" usingcommand down-- copy

keystroke "w" usingcommand down-- close window

end tell

end tell

delay 1

tell application "Finder"

activate

keystroke "i" usingcommand down-- open info

-- set focus on icon image

tell process "Finder"

set img to (image 1 of scroll area 1 of front window)

set focused of img to true

tell application "Preview"

end tell

delay 1

end tell

keystroke "v" usingcommand down-- insert image

keystroke "w" usingcommand down-- close window

end tell

end tell

end tell

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Have a great day all

Dud3m@n

Ask a Question