Combine PDFs in different folders with same name

Reaction score
Hi all,

the following situation is given:
There are 2 folders, FP and OG. In OG there are pdf-files with names from 100-1100, of course not all numbers are taken. So, as example, lets say there is:

./
./OG
./OG/100.pdf
./OG/569.pdf

and in FP there is
./
./FP
./FP/100.pdf
./FP/101.pdf
./FP/102.pdf
./FP/569.pdf

now I want to combine those pdfs with the same name, looking "from" OG - so if there is no 101.pdf in OG/ nothing should happen to 101.pdf in ./FP/. The combined pdf shall be put somewhere else, lets say ./print/

I am not exactly sure in which direction I should head. How do I get the Input into Automator? I.E. how do I feed the dir-listing of OG into Automator so it can look it up in FP ? I assume if I wound that way, I will be able to tell automator that FP is supposed to be first and the OG-stuff is added to that - not the other way around.

I thought of using a "Folder-Action", so every pdf that comes into the OG folder will then be combined with <name>.pdf and copied to ./print/.
Problem is, I do not get how to get the Info from the file into automator, to lookup the other file in fp and so on ...

Thanks a lot for any tipps!

Cheers,
Sam

P.S. First usage of automator, but small programming-background is provided

f5134f-1441632495.jpg

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with Automator/AppleScript. I can suggest a forum that may be able to help you out:

MacScripter

Hopefully someone here with more experience will chime in, or the folks at MacScripter can help you out.

C

Ask a Question