Combine Excel Files

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to create either a Workflow, Application, or Folder Action (haven't decided yet) that combines excel files. My problem is the Automator steps. I tried to have it "Get Specified Finder Items" (into which I drag the excel files) then "Combine Excel Files" but it just results in the Excel X showing up in the results that says "Sheet1" which is inaccessible and I cannot seem to locate it on my Mac. In the log it says everything was completed. But I not sure because I do not see the resulting excel file. I'm just not sure it's working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
You may need to use a Copy workflow the resulting file to somewhere you can find it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Oddly enough when I opened Excel I found all the combined results the workflow had created. But, it wasn't really what I needed. I needed the spreadsheets to be combined onto one sheet and it made as many sheets within the result as I had spreadsheets to initially combine.

Ask a Question