Combine PDF not consistent

Reaction score
Hi

I have created a Folder Action to combine PDF's - It is fairly simple, you drag the pdf's over to a folder and it creates a single combined pdf and then deletes the other pdf's. This works great on most machines but I have one iMac, running Yosemite that gives completely random results. Sometimes you will get the whole amount of PDF's, next time you may get 10 out of 150 next you may get 37 - I have re-written the script on the problem computer but get exactly the same results. Any ideas??

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Are all of the Macs using the same version of OS X - Yosemite? If not, what versions?
-How many PDFs are being combined - are they all large numbers like you mentioned above - 150?

C

Reaction score
Hello
There is a mix and match of systems but there are other machines using the same version of Yosemite 10.5.5 that are working.
It is normally a big number 100 - 200 but each pdf is only one single page.

Attached is a copy of the workflow

Many thanks for looking into this

Attachments

• Combine.workflow.zip
    80.9 KB · Views: 423

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries,

I am not very experienced with Automator at all, and I can take a look at the workflow, but don't expect too much. ;)

One thing - have you tried copying all of the files that are failing on the iMac to another Mac to see if it works? That would tell us if it could be the PDFs, the OS, or a possible hard drive/hardware with that particular iMac.

C

Reaction score
Yes this works on all other machines - with the same pdf's - on the questionable machine it seems to work the first time and then do it again and get all kinds of results??

Ask a Question