Same old Bootcamp Nvidia card problem

Reaction score
I'm using a summer-2012 MacBook Pro 13" with OS X Lion 10.7.5 and an Nvidia GeForce 650M graphics card. I'm trying to play the new Tomb Raider game using Bootcamp since I have a good Windows-compatible controller. Now slow down, I do know that Tomb Raider has issues with Nvidia already. But I'd like Windows to at least recognize that I have a graphics card. I'm running Windows 7 32bit on Bootcamp.

Initially when opening the device manager, it said that I was using a generic VGA graphics card. Then I downloaded the newest stuff from Bootcamp Assistant, burnt it to the CD and installed that, hoping that would solve the problem. Now absolutely no graphics card comes up at all in Device Manager. I tried opening the Bootcamp CD, going down to the Nvidia folder and installing manually, but it still says that it can find no compatible hardware every time I try to install anything regarding Nvidia in Windows 7, including new drivers downloaded from Nvidia's site. I also tried going to various other websites that were recommended but could never quite figure out installation once I'd downloaded whatever it was I was supposed to download. Some of this was due to the fact that the download expected me to know what I'm doing (I don't), some more was due to the fact that several discussions where I got these links are 2-3 years old and obsolete.

I'm pretty opposite-of-tech-savvy so if you have a solution please don't get too technical. If you know what to do please explain it to me like you would to a four-year-old whose first language isn't English and has to operate the computer in the dark.

I could also take it in to the local Mac Store for a Genius Bar session, but do they assist with Bootcamp issues such as these?

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not sure where you will help for this. I don't do Windows support, drives on Windows is always a nightmare.

You might have better luck with Mountain Lion and its drivers, it is the latest Mac OS.

Reaction score
I know some people have found some solutions but I haven't been able to implement them because they're obsolete or they're not detailed enough for an idiot like me.

Reaction score
I might add, I used Bootcamp Assistant to download the newest drivers, but I do NOT know if that means I'm using Bootcamp 4.0. I think, judging by Apple's website, that would be better.

Ask a Question