safari pdf

Reaction score
I am not able to down load any pdf files using Safari. I can use camino for the same web site but not Safari. What gives? I have tried a number of work arounds but not luck.

m moon

Reaction score
There's a program called Mozilla Firefox that works on Macs that might help. It's free. Google it.

What comes up when you try to download a PDF?

Reaction score
I don't see how to use Adobe Reader as I have tried but no luck. I dislike using different apps. Camino works but --- the same reason, one or the other but not multiple ones.

m moon

Reaction score
I don't see how to use Adobe Reader as I have tried but no luck. I dislike using different apps. Camino works but --- the same reason, one or the other but not multiple ones.

m moon

When you installed Adobe Reader, a plug in to view PDF's in Safari was installed. Try this.

Reaction score
I finally fixed the problem. I had to go to Acrobat 8 Viewers and remove the PDF viewer. Then, I rand Adobe Reader and via Help ran repair plug ins. This reinstalled the link in Safari to the newly installed PDF viewer.
Some how, the Safari link to the Viewers got clobbered.
Thanks for the suggestions which helped me get to the solution.
mmoon

Reaction score
I have found that even updating Adobe does the same thing. Remove the Adobe PDFviewer.plugin from the Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder and run Adobe Help > Detect and Repair by choosing Adobe PDFViewer.

mmoon

Ask a Question