safari gone

Reaction score
Hi all,

My mate has an ibook G4 running 10.3

He downloaded the updates over the weekend and since then, safari has gone!

He managed to download safari from apple so tried to reinstall. It now appears on the dock but will not open.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Phil

Reaction score
Hi, when you say "Safari has gone" its difficult to see how it just disappeared after an update. I would start by going to Finer >File>Find and put in Safari - just in case it got moved somewhere else by accident. If it is somewhere else drag it back in to Applications. If the search only finds the latest install you could try clicking on its alias in the Apps folder and not in the Dock. I wonder if you downloaded the right version of Safari for your Mac iBook. It wont be duo core so wont like the latest version for 10.5. You could try safari earliler version.

Dont know! But all I can do is tell you my thought process and what Id try!! Good lluck anyway!

Reaction score
Also, if you have a high speed connection download the OSX.3.9 combo update from apple, and install. then run Software update and update to the latest version of Safari it will update too.

Ask a Question