Safari can't open this file. "powersearchtool"

Reaction score
Hi, at a loss in how open this file or get around the problem. I downloaded PST and when I try to open it I get:
Safari can’t open the file “PowerSearchTool4.exe” because no available application can open it. What do I do?
Thanks Erlinda

Reaction score
I don't know what PST is but it sounds like they have a Windows & a Mac version. You downloaded the Windows version. The Mac version probably ends with .zip, .sit, or .dmg.

Reaction score
Thanks, I will contact PST. Btw do u know anything about getting around WMA audiobook format? My library uses OverDrive Media Console to download books into a users computer, seems mac/iTunes won't let the OMC do it's job, it's supposed to work ok with windows media player. I tried downloading that too, and I can't get it to work either, even with StuffIt. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Ok I'll download another copy of OMC, Thanks, I will let you know how it goes. Jeez all this to get some audiobooks from the library. :)

Reaction score
Ok, downloaded it again. Same issue when I try to drag the WMA audiobook into Overdrive media console I get the same message "this version of OMC does not support media in the WMA Audiobook format". The software out there to convert WMA to Mp3 hasn't worked on my Mac either. Guess I will have to buy Windows 7 for Mac plus Parallels Desktop 5 for mac to make it work.
Erlinda

Ask a Question