Restored IOS instead of normal restore and now on older version?

jackagg

Reaction score
HI,

I wanted to wipe my Macbook Pro last week and was following a video (not very well) and ended up deleting/restoring the IOS and not just the content of the mac. I managed to restore the IOS using the restore mode (CMD + R), however I am now looking at a mac that looks old. For example all of the icons are like what they looked like 10 years ago for example or what they were like on an old iPhone. I did a software update and it says i am currently on version 10.8.5.

I just would love to know how to get it back to the way it was before.
Thanks a lot,
Jack
PS - tried to add screenshot but when i did a couple they weren't showing up on of the usual places like desktop pictures downloads ect….
HELP :) :) :) thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Lufbrarunner

Reaction score
What model is your MBP, what OS did you have before the re-install?

jackagg

Reaction score
What model is your MBP, what OS did you have before the re-install?
Its a Macbook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012

I actually don't know what it had before i just know it was an obviously new version that what i can see now. I got it off a friend last week hence why i was trying to restore. I have also noticed that a lot of websites i keep going on keep saying Safari cannot open page as can't establish a network connection - this may or not be related in any way as i am using a different wifi than i was last week.

Ad

Advertisements

Lufbrarunner

Reaction score
It looks like you have installed Mountain Lion, you should be able to download and install a newer OS.

Ask a Question