Please help- Restored new MacBook Pro now not working at all

Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought a new MacBook Pro yesterday and used my external hard drive to import my data from my old Mac via Time Machine. I had thought this would bring just all my data across, not make the new Mac exactly like the old one. So I then tried removing all the data. I searched on the apple forum how to do this, and held down the command and r keys during start up, went to disc utility and erased the HD I was told to. I then tried to reinstall Mountain Lion from the Internet but it wouldn't work and kept coming up with an exclamation mark symbol and apple.com/support -4403F . I am freaking out and have no idea how to fix it. I have been searching all day on forums and can't find any help. Does anyone know what I should do?

Any help would be much appreciated,
El

Reaction score
Take it back the store and get the technician to do it, AppleCare might cover this, if you're lucky.

Reaction score
If you can't install the Operating System then you are not going to get it to operate. So there is very little your can do, unless you have an external harddrive with a bootable version of the OS???

Reaction score
No unfortunately I don't. It says on the apple website you can install it from the Internet, but I've only got my phone Internet, and when I tried using it i just got an error message. I guess I'll have to take it back in to where I bought it. I bought it from Dick Smith, and I don't think they can fix computers. Hope its covered by Apple :s Should I still take it to them, or should I take it to a computer repairs place?

Reaction score
No.

Go to your countries Apple Site, click the Support tab, right down the bottom in small print find a Apple Authorised Service Provider. Service then enter your location.
Go there.

Ask a Question