SOLVED Ram upgrade for MacBookPro

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying this was my 17 year old sons idea!!! " Dad, you got to get more memory, 8Gb is nothing" . So I start to do some research, look around etc.
I have to say I agree with Lufbrarunner's comments to AverageGuy back on Feb 11th. Cant disagree at all, but.

I go looking and I find an "answer" to a similar question on an Amazon page selling 2 x 8GB memory chips. The 'answer" states;
A: Hello. The Early 2015 MacBook Pro does not have upgradable memory, as it is soldered to the logic board. You would not be able to use this memory in that computer.
I have an "early 2015" MacBook Pro 13 retina with the factory 2 x 4GB memory chips. So my question becomes, is this answer correct? Is there no way to upgrade my memory? Did Apple really solder the chips in?
Thank you for any info you may have.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

That is correct - the MacBook Pro (Retina, Early 2015) came with 8 or 16 GB on-board memory and no RAM memory slots. Unfortunately, it is not expandable.

For most users, 8 GB of memory is plenty, unless you regularly have several memory-hungry applications open at the same time, or do large amounts of professional design, graphics, audio, or 3D modeling work.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question