Punctured screen border

Reaction score
I took out my earrings and they were resting right in the hinge of the laptop, I forgot the earrings were there and when I went to close the laptop the earrings punctured the screen border! There is a small hole now and when there is pressure on the screen above the punctured area there are lines on the screen. What do I do here? Do I need to have the whole screen replaced? I've put some tape over it for now just to cover the opening but I'm not sure what method of fixing to pursue. I have a 13-inch macbook air

Attachments

• IMG_8870.jpg
    IMG_8870.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 5

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, you will need to have the entire screen clamshell (back cover/LCD panel/front glass) replaced, as it is a single unit. :(

I recommend having the service performed by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, as that will guarantee you will get Apple OEM parts. My guesstimate is around $250-400 USD for the repair.

If you use it more as a desktop in a single location, you could purchase an external monitor and use it that way.

Sorry for the bad news.

C

Ask a Question